Wausau, WI - The Lodi Memorial 100 also served as the final race of the Auto Select Triple X Challenge. Going in to the 100-lap event, six drivers were eligible for bonus money of $1,000, $750 and $500.

Kyle Genett made his was around Mike Olson to grab the lead on lap two, but Olson continued to fight back. He looked inside the 7-11 a few laps later, but Genett held off the charge.

The caution flew for a big pile up with 85 laps to go. A handful of cars were involved, but most were able to continue racing. But just one lap later the caution flew again, this time as Neil Knoblock made hard contact with the wall in turn two, ending his night and his chance for any of the Auto Select Triple X Challenge bonus money.

Current point leader, Mark Mackesy, was involved in the first incident and appeared to be having trouble. He went to the pits, but came back out.

Genett took the lead again on the restart as Jeremy Lepak moved in to second. Behind the top two fast qualifier Chris Wimmer was on the move. He worked his way from his 11th starting position in to third and then pressured Lepak for second. It didn’t take long for Wimmer to get around Lepak and close in on Genett.

Mark Mackesy pulled off and headed to the pits, leaving Lepak, Tim Sauter and Mike Olson as the only three drivers left in the race for the Auto Select Triple X Challenge bonus.

Wimmer looked inside and outside of Genett and with about 75 laps to go cleared for the lead.
The competition caution flew with 66 laps to go to honor Wayne ‘Lodi’ Lodholz.

Wimmer jumped out to the lead again and put some distance on himself and the rest of the field. Burton Brown got by Lepak for second, but Lepak fought back to take the spot with under 20 lapsto go.
Mark Eswein had worked himself as high as second, but then was under fire from Sauter for the fourth spot, which he took in the closing laps.

Wimmer held on to take the checkers with Lepak second, Brown third, Sauter fourth and Eswein fifth. Lepak took home $1,000 in Auto Select Triple X Challenge bonus money, Sauter took home $750 and Mike Olson $500

The Budweiser/Fabiano Brothers Limited Late Model Feature saw a first time winner in the divisions on Thursday night. Jeff Spatz grabbed the lead following an early restart. The caution flew again, involving Spatz and Wayne Mackesy and starting Clint Sillars and Jimmy Ganski side by side on the front row for the restart. Sillars took the lead and Ganski fought back on the inside, but Sillars #2 machine was strong and able to hold off the challenge. Sillars’ lead grew and he held on to pick up his first feature win of the 2013 season.

Steve Brown took the early lead in the Marathon Parts City Pure Stock race, but it didn’t last long. Kyle Genett made a move for the top spot and took it just a few laps in. Then it was a battle of the Genett brothers, as Karl closed in on brother Kyle to take the lead. As Karl put distance between himself and the rest of the field, Tim Narocky looked outside Kyle for second and cleared for the spot as the laps wound down. But there was no catching Karl Genett as he pulled in to River Valley Bank Victory Lane, Nawrocky finished second and Kyle Genett third.

The Snap-On Mini-Mod feature was one of the best races of the night. Roger Stanczyk took the top spot just a few laps in. Tim Anderson then made a three-wide move to earn the second spot as Justin Mondeik battled for that position on the outside. The caution flew, putting Stanczyk and Anderson side by side on the front row and that’s how they stayed until the final lap. Lap after lap the two battled side by side, each grabbing the lead by an inch here or an inch there. As the white flag flew they continues to battled side by side, Stanczyk on the inside and Anderson on the outside. The inside line proved the trick for Stanczyk as he crossed the finish line just inches before Anderson to pick up the win. Justin Mondeik held steady and came home third.

In the Motors Service and Supply Mini-Stock Feature George Seliger grabbed the lead just 4 laps in to the15-lap feature. As Dillon Mackesy closed the gap, the caution flew, Lizzy Hamilton-Zahn and Garret Strachota made contact. Hamilton-Zahn was taken away in the ambulance for precautionary reasons and, according to her, was released with a concussion.

Seliger grabbed the lead again when the field returned to green. Mackesy continued to battle and tried to close in on Seliger. AS the white flag flew Seliger held a two car length lead and continued to River Valley Bank Victory Lane. Mackesy came home second and point leader Mariah Gajewski third. 

Ticket Prices:
Adult (13 and up) - $11
Kids (6-12) - $5
5 and under - FREE




3:00pm - Pit Gates Open
4:30pm - Fan Gates Open
6:30pm - Fred Mueller Qualifying
7:30pm - Racing Begins!